16 July until 4 September 2011 at the South Australian Museum, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 http://www.thewaterhouse.com.au
Mapping the Waters, series 5 #1 has been Highly Commended and will tour to Canberra to be shown at the National Archives of Australia from 23 September until 13 November.
The Stony Rises Project (A NETS Victoria touring exhibition developed by the RMIT Research Institute http://netsvictoria.org.au/the-stony-rises-project/) 9 July – 4 September 2011 @ Horsham Regional Art Gallery, Victoria Australia. Open Tue – Fri 10am – 5pm www.horshamartgallery.com.au
To be officially opened Friday 8 July 6pm by Dr Ruth Pullin, Guest Curator of Eugene von Guerard: Nature Revealed at the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia.
Click here to hear my floor talk
On Thursday 30 June, Friday 1 July and Saturday 2 July at a little after 8pm you will be able to see this sculpture I created with the help of my local Portland community come to life on the Yarra River with a pyrotechnic performance.
The work references the immigrant ship New Zealander that brought 465 Scottish and Irish emigrants to Portland in 1853 then burnt to the waterline in the harbour. The hull form is filled with giant sculptural interpretations of Mellblom’s Spider Orchid Caladenia hastata / poyn poyn nyaneen eaneeyt, flora indigenous to Portland and dependent on fire for survival.
Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award 2011 4 june – 17 July 2011
Wangaratta Art Gallery 56 Ovens Street, Wangaratta VIC 3677 Australia
The Stony Rises Project (A NETS Victoria touring exhibition developed by the RMIT Research Institute) 7 May – 26 June 2011 @ The Art Gallery of Ballarat, Victoria Australia. Open daily 9am – 5pm http://netsvictoria.org.au/the-stony-rises-project/
aRtECYCLE explores themes of environmentalism, recycling and sustainability. Exhibition runs until 12 June at The Incinerator Arts Complex, 180 Holmes Road, Moonee Ponds, Australia. Open Wednesday – Sunday 11am – 4pm.
- nature interrupted Contemporary Australian Sculpture: 13 March-10 April 2011@Redland Art Gallery, Cleveland QLD Redland Art Gallery Click to download invitation: Nature Interrupted einvite
- from the stockroom to 26 March 2011 @ Jenny Port Gallery, 1/7-9 Albert Street, Richmond Victoria 3121 Australia Jenny Port Gallery, Melbourne
- The Stony Rises Project (A NETS Victoria touring exhibition developed by the RMIT Research Institute) 12 February 2010 – 24 April 2011 @ Latrobe Regional Gallery, Victoria. http://netsvictoria.org.au/the-stony-rises-project/
- Of Snowflakes & Spacetime: life, symmetry & the evolution of the universe (sixth annual indoor outdoor sculpture exhibition) 27 October 2010 – March 2011 @ Toyota Community Spirit Gallery, Toyota Australia, 155 Bertie Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria Australia http://watcharts.com.au/toyota.html
- Montalto Sculpture Prize 2011 Finalists Exhibition 20 February – 1 May 2011 http://www.montalto.com.au