My work Hybrid Reef has been selected for this exhibition.
‘Our fifth biennial Petite – Miniature Textiles exhibition goes from strength to strength, with artists from around the country participating in this project, displaying contemporary textiles that are no larger than 30 x 30 x 30cm.
Techniques and themes exploring everything from the joy of pure colour, texture and decoration, through to more serious contemplation on environmental and social issues and elements that propel textiles into the realm of art.’ wangarattaartgallery.com.au
INQB8 Gallery, Mandurah 6 May – 10 June 2012 http://www.symbiotica.uwa.edu.au/activities/exhibitions/adaptation
Opening Sunday 6 May
Exploring the microbe to the macro, and everything in between, Adaptation is SymbioticA’s art and ecology research project.
The Adaptation exhibition features the projects undertaken by the Adaptation artists-in-residence embedded in Lake Clifton, south of Mandurah in Western Australia from 2008 to 2012.
- ART ORIENTÉ OBJET, Plutôt que tout (More than Everything)
- JUAN M. CASTRO, Heliotropika
- ORON CATTS, The Autotroph
- GALLIANO FARDIN, Yalgorup
- CATHERINE HIGHAM, Still Life
- GLORIA KEARING AND ROB EWING, The River Of Spirits
- PERDITA PHILLIPS, The Sixth Shore
- VYONNE WALKER, Slowest Growing Sculpture
- CARMEL WALLACE, Visualizing Adaptation: Surface And Beyond
- ANNAMARIA WELDON, Sharing The Edge